"SCHOOLS ARE FOR CHILDREN"
The mission of the District is to provide comprehensive, success-oriented learning activities for young people in our schools.
"SCHOOLS BELONG TO THE COMMUNITY"
"SCHOOLS ARE PEOPLE DEVELOPERS"
These opportunites must be designed to develop the person's potential in the areas of academic ability and vocational awareness, cultural appreciation, physical well-being, social development, and community contribution.
The beliefs of the District are outlined below.
- Every student will be educated academically and socially so as to be a productive citizen.
- All students will have equal educational opportunities to achieve their individual potential.
- We have something to offer every student.
- Each student is unique.
- Successful education depends on parental commitment to education.
- Teachers are the foundation of a strong educational system.
- Teachers will maintain high expectations for themselves and their students.
- Teachers should serve as positive role models for students.
- Teachers will actively seek parent support and involvement.
- A principal is the instructional leader of the school.
- A principal is the facilitator for a positive learning environment.
- A principal actively seeks parent support and involvement.
- A principal serves as a liason between school and community.
- A principal maintains high expectations for students and staff members.
- Students are the number one priority.
- The Board conveys the educational needs and desires of the community to the District and establishes policies accordingly.
- The Board maintains high expectations for the District and themselves in working toward excellence.
- The Superintendent is the leader, implementer, and facilitator of a successful School District.
- The Superintendent promotes and upholds the positive educational climate of the School District.
- In human beings as the single most important element in all transactions.
- In behaving with uncompromising honesty and integrity.
- In challenging people to experience their full potential so each individual contributes to educational excellence.
- In reaching quality decisions through the involvement of people.
- In establishing priorities that respond to the needs of our students, staff members, and community, and serve as the driving force behind all of our actions.
- In focusing on excellence in everything we do.
Recognizing that students learn in different ways, Cloudcroft Municipal Schools believe that all children can learn. The school district is dedicated to meeting the educational needs of all students. We believe that the public school system, in cooperation with parents and community, can best prepare students to be good citizens and contributing members of a democratic society.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Cloudcroft is a small community high in the
Sacramento Mountains of southern New Mexico.
The town itself is at approximately 9,000 feet elevation.
There are approximately 750 fulltime residents in the
Village of Cloudcroft and many more in the outlying areas.
Our students come from Duncan, Elk, Weed, Sacramento,
Timberon, Sunspot, Piñon, Mayhill, the Mescalero Indian Reservation
and many more outlying rural areas within a 60 mile radius.
- There are numerous activities available for students to participate in to
build their imaginations.
Several Service clubs are available for students participation also.