Elementary/Middle School Counselor's Corner
We offer a variety of counseling services including:
- Individual/Group School Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Crisis Intervention
- Consultation with Parents and Teachers
- Coordination with Outside Agencies and Therapists
- Referrals to Community Services
- Test Administration Duties and Organizing Test Accommodations
- Class Scheduling and Career Planning
School counseling is an academic support service. It is not a substitute for traditional therapy for non-academic issues. School counselors can be an excellent starting point though, and if your student’s situation goes beyond the scope of the Cloudcroft school counseling program, the counselor with discuss this with you and provide referrals if needed.
For all students under age 14, a parental consent is required to receive school counselor services. Parental consent forms can be collected at the admin office or can be sent home with students at parent request. The state of New Mexico allows the school counselor to see a student once without parental consent and during emergencies/crises and during regularly schedule classroom guidance lessons. If you object to your student receiving any school counseling services, you must submit your objection in writing.