News and events
Welcome to our News page. Here we will help you stay up to date with everything going on here at Cloudcroft Municipal Schools. Be sure to check back often!
Mark your calendars for our upcoming events.
- Monday, May 20: Regular school day
- Monday, May 20: End-of-year band/choir concert at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday–Thursday, May 20–23: 6th–11th grade EOC finals
- Tuesday, May 21: 5th grade Mouse Trap competition at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22: Kindergarten graduation at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Elementary On-A-Roll assembly at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Elementary field day from noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: Middle school On-A-Roll assembly at 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: 8th grade reception at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23: K–5th grade report cards ready
- Friday, May 24: Middle school report cards ready
- Friday, May 24: No school for k–5th grade, 6th–11th grades by appointment only
- Saturday, May 25: Volunteer Fire Department rummage sale from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the elementary/middle school parking lots
For additional information, please contact the administration office. Have a safe, relaxing summer, and we will see you next school year!
Cloudcroft Municipal Schools has the following positions available for the 2019–2020 school year:
- High School English Teacher
- High School Science Teacher
- K–5 Special Education Teacher
- School Counselor
Please visit our Employment page for more information.
Cloudcroft is offering a summer youth program for children in kindergarten through 5th grade. The program runs from June 4 through June 28 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Cloudcroft Elementary School. Activities include reading, arts and crafts, talent shows, swimming, fitness, games, and much more. The cost is $60 for the entire four weeks or $5 per day. Please see our summer youth program flyer for more information.
Elementary parents, please note that elementary students will begin the 2019–2020 school year on Tuesday, August 13, 2019. This is three days after the middle and high school students begin.
Parents of all students, we have made some changes to the 2019–2020 school year bell schedules. The first bell will ring at 7:50 a.m. and the final bell of the day will ring at 3:40 p.m. The passing period for middle and high school students will change from three minutes to four minutes.
Thank you for understanding. We are looking forward to another great school year!