Welcome to the Counselor’s Corner! What an exciting time to be a Cloudcroft Bear! My name is Tom Mulkey, and I am the school counselor here at Cloudcroft Municipal Schools! The information on this page will change rapidly so please take a moment to scan each section for new updates. The goal for the Counselor’s Corner is to keep students and parents informed about different subjects pertaining to Cloudcroft student requirements for graduation, scholarships, and testing.
My background begins in Corona, NM growing up and graduating from that small rural NM community. I received my bachelor’s degree from Eastern New Mexico University and returned to Corona to teach and coach for four years. I received my master’s degree from the University of the Southwest in Hobbs, NM, where I also worked as the dean of students for five years. I began my school counseling career at Lovington Municipal Schools in Lovington, NM, and then I spent a year at Tularosa Municipal Schools before moving up the mountain to Cloudcroft.
My job not only consists of directing students to graduation and on to the college of their
I look forward to working with the students, staff, and parents here at Cloudcroft Municipal Schools. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or by calling (575) 601.4416 ext. 204.
Please see our list of current graduation requirements below.
24 Units to Include:
- 4 units English
- 4 units math (1 unit equal to or greater than algebra 2)
- 3 units science (2 units with a lab)
- 3.5 units social sciences, including United States history and geography, world history and geography, government and economics, and .5 unit New Mexico history
- 1 unit physical education
- 1 unit career cluster, workplace readiness, or language other than English
- 7.5 units electives (including .5 unit of health education* if not completed in middle school)
One of the above units must be honors, Advanced Placement, dual credit, or distance learning.
* Note for students in the classes of 2017 and beyond, a course in health education is required, either as a high school elective or as completed in middle school.
Please call the counselor’s office at (575)
Senior Specific Information
UNM has waived the application fee for Cloudcroft seniors. Seniors may submit their applications to the University of New Mexico between now and October 1 for no charge. There are applications available in the front office at C.H.S. Fill out those